Monday, August 25, 2008

just another day around my way

On Mondays, there's no parking on the east side of the street where I live. If I haven't scored a parking space on the west side, I have to move my car before 8am. I take it to the pay lot around the corner. I leave it there for a couple of hours, until the alternate side parking situation ends. This morning, sleepy though I was, I decided to hang out at the Starbucks across from the lot instead of going home. The result was lemonade from lemons; I had a productive, calming morning. I journaled, enjoyed the sun, people watched, warned some people against parking on the street next to where I sat. (I saw a sweep of five cars get ticketed while their owners were inside getting their mocha choka lala dadas on. I saved a few others from the same fate.) I listened to music that Natalie, who knows what the cool kids are listening to, burned for me. At 10 am, when my block became safe for parking again, I drove back around and parked on the east side of the street, because on Tuesday mornings there's no parking on the west side.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I love that notebook with the tree on it lol

Jean said...

I'm very envious of your Monday morning --- much better to hang out at a coffeehouse and journal rather than battling a morning commute --- very civilized!

Christie said...

Nice start to the day...and you get some karmic points for warning folks about tickets.

Anonymous said...

Envy here too. My mornings are consisting of a crying 3yo nephew at 5:30am.

LisaAnn said...

Oh, this reminds me of when I lived in Queens. I would do the same thing on Tuesday mornings, except when it was a lucky snowday.

Natalie said...

Oooh that looks nice.