Monday, August 04, 2008

home again, home again, dippity-do

I'm back from Houston, comfortably wrapped in 82 degrees of sunny Southern Cali goodness. Broken record: Houston is hot. But, I had a great time, and when I entered a $94,000 house that was cute, comfortable, roomy, and not at all in a dumpy neighborhood, I decided it's time to get past the heat and start making my way down there. I'm not getting any younger. I can either stick around here for the weather, or have a better overall quality of life, and a savings account with some dough in it. This move should be a real adventure.

I took a photo of the Houston skyline, through the window of a fabric store, no less, but Blogger isn't in the mood for letting me post pictures. It hasn't been for a few days now. I'll try again tomorrow. If it's still a no go, I'll whine to the Blogger team.

8 comments:

Violet said...

Big moves are always the most stressful AND the most fun, too. Cool beans!

Adrienne said...

Go you!!!! My husband was talking about re-locating last night..hmmm lol

Ellen Bloom said...

Houston?! Hot Town, USA??? What happened to close-by San Diego? No!!!! Don't go!!!!

Lola and Ava said...

Glad you made it home okay. I told my husband that I would follow him anywhere . . . except Texas. Maybe the house came with a pool and central air I would be more inclined.

Natalie said...

Glad you are home!
I'm with Ellen. Don't go!!!

I've nominated you for a blog award. Check it out on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't wait to see the pictures. Tell all please....
Soooo good to have you back.

Heather

Carmell said...

can i come too!!! we almost moved to Austin last winter but decided that with the job hubby was offered it wasn't feisable cause i would be home alone with no family 4 out of 7 days a week. so maybe something better will come along! the only thing i don't like about it down there is that they don't have basements... the heat i can handle. it can't be that far off from Missouri heat. be feeling like someone turn the aoutside temp to "HELL"

Orchidophile said...

Wow! I've missed a bit! It must be in the air because I'm seriously thinking of relocating. I can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm considering ATL. My friends are still in shock.

Good luck with the move!