Saturday, August 16, 2008

great days at the mailbox

I have so been hitting the jackpot lately. Here's the apron I received in the Ravelry swap. Isn't it too too cute? It's so cheerful and fun. And I adore its A-line shape.

This part really gets me. Look at the little twill tape tabs.

Check out my swap buddy's blog. She's very talented. You'll notice she recently went to Hawaii. Along with my apron, she sent me chocolate covered macadamia nuts from her trip. I demolished them before I had the box opened good.

Now wouldn't this great apron be enough? Yep. But it's not all.

Do you have a napkin to wipe your drool? Because this is THE most gorgeous yarn.

It's a birthday gift from Ingrid of Traveller's Yarn. It's superwash sock yarn, hand-dyed by Ingrid herself, and sent to me all the way from China! I refuse to call it a belated gift, because can a birthday present ever come too late? I think not.

I warned Ingrid that I might have to knit this into a scarf, rather than socks, because I don't think I can let it sit long enough to learn how to knit socks. You have to see these colors to believe them. They're sparkly and alive like a flame. I want to work with this yarn NOW. Thank you again, Ingrid. You dye a mean, mean skein.

One more hit.

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ohhh so pretty!!! Love the orange!

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you 1 lucky ducky! Gorgeous gifts.
I am really loving the apron, what a clever way that neck tie.
I just have to mention those darling kitchen cupboards behind you as well. Wouldn't want them in my house though, they must be quite the 'job' to keep clean.
Heather

Nik said...

With all these cute aprons, you're making me want to make one. Since I don't cook that often, I'd just wear it around the house for fun.

Nik said...

With all these cute aprons, you're making me want to make one. Since I don't cook that often, I'd just wear it around the house for fun.

Natalie said...

You hit the mother lode! The apron is so cute & the yarn is so yummy.
Hand dyed, you say? So nice!