Thursday, November 27, 2008

with two you get turkey

No homemade turkey, but Bubs and I went to my favorite Austin spot, Hyde Park Bar & Grill. We had drinks and dinner at the bar, then came home and I stayed in while everyone else went to dinner at my mother-in-law's friend's place. I could've gone, but then I would've missed my favorite Thanksgiving day tradition, the nap. Now, a Doris Day marathon. With Six You Get Eggroll just ended, and Please Don't Eat the Daisies is on.

Que Sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera, sera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm secretly glad you didn't eat the turkey.....being vegetarian myself..lol..
Imagine how they must feed those birds and with what, to sell them for 40 or 50cents a lbs??? and make a profit.

I remember that song too...

Glad you had a 'guilt free' fest...lol.

Heather

Ellen Bloom said...

I just finished reading Doris Day's biography. What a life! Her movie career was kind of like Elvis's....she was held back in her roles by that "image" of hers!

Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a perfectly perfect Thanksgiving day.