Sunday, November 23, 2008

life used to be so hard

It's almost time, y'all. In less than two weeks I'll be HOME. It's been a long road, and a difficult one, and I'm overjoyed that it's coming to a point of rest.

That said, I just know there's something I'm forgetting to do or order or buy so that I can be comfy off the bat. Let's see, I've got:
  • a bed on the way
  • a free TV & DVD player that lovely Charissa, Natalie's other ace boon, gave me
  • a few dishes
  • a pot and a pan
  • dish washing liquid & cleanser & sponges
  • a duvet cover & sheets (oops! no comforter)
  • towels
  • toiletries
  • a cat
  • cat accoutrements
  • wi-fi in the works
  • books & magazines
  • ipod & ihome
  • a microwave
  • a vintage kitchen cart on which to rest said microwave
  • terlit paper & paper towels
  • a broom & a dustpan
Anything I'm missing? Do I have all the survivalist requirements? Can I get by with this list while I work on setting up paradise? Care to add?

ETA: A shower curtain! Genius! Thanks, Carat. :)

5 comments:

Carat said...

shower curtain and rings, it sucks to have a hard day of moving, only to discover that you can't take a shower, because there is no curtain.

Anonymous said...

Where are your sewing machines and crafting stuff?
Heather

Natalie said...

Food!
Don't forget to feed yourself.

Stock up the fridge and the pantry with the staples.
Set out a beautiful bowl of fruit.

Get settled in and make a pot of soup.
Maybe lentil. (see recipe on yesterday's post. super yummy.)

For soup you will need pot (on list), knife, vegetable peeler, wooden spoon, ladle, bowl, spoon, and napkin.

This is so exciting.

Oh, add kitchen & bathroom trashcans.

Laurie Ann said...

Do you have a vacuum?

Kiss and Cookie said...

I REALLY need to keep up with your blog!!! Totally made me smile when I had to google ace boon just to make sure it was a good thing!!! Just ask Natalie, I am a little square! I hope to learn more about Houston and expand my vocab by following the blog !