Friday, November 07, 2008

he's even cute when he eats

Oh, Lola. Oh, Christie. Why? Why, why, why did you point me to Barack Obama's Flickr account?

Honestly, all along I could see some passing handsome in him, but I didn't get what chicks (and dudes!) were digging so much. By the time I freed myself from the hypnotized state of adoration the Flickr photos put me under, I wanted to superimpose myself over Michelle.

I mean, come on, in tense moments the man finds comfort in holding hands with his mother-in-law. Are you kidding me? Is there a higher rung of sweetness to which a guy can climb? I think not.

I could have emerged with just a deeper sense of pride and admiration, but I had to go and read Obama's darned about page, which left me laboring under a cloud of romantic delusion. We have the same favorite book, Song of Solomon (look! it's first on my list too!), and he hearts writing and so does I, and Casablanca is his favorite movie. (Okay, it's not mine, but I like it enough to fake it.)

I didn't know what a goner I was until I saw the disclaimer: "I'm Male and Taken."

Phooey.

The one person I've been more excited about than Obama is Michelle. As her BFF, it's so wrong of me to be crushing on her man, but he needs to stop flaunting himself in front of me like this.

Surely this affliction will wear off, as long as I stay away from Flickr, which is going to be hard because I followed Christie's lead and cold friended the POTUS-elect.

8 comments:

Lola and Ava said...

You're very welcome!

L

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Seriously, this post might be the death of my free time.... you are (wonderfully) evil.

Nettie said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one feeling this way. Michelle is a lucky woman. But don't forget, he's damn lucky too. Michelle is amazing!

Also, I'm not sure how you've taken the title of her BFF, when clearly it belongs to me :D

Natalie said...

I can't remember whose post was commenting on his hands. After reading her post I thought he does have very nice hands.

Ellen Bloom said...

Oh no! President as Rock-Star-Heart-Throb!
Oh well...I suppose it's about time we had someone like that in the White House.

I really like his ears. AND, his smile is a knock-out!

Virtuous said...

LOL!!! With you! :o)
And love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Cuteness pure!

Christie said...

It had to be done. And who doesn't want to be believe that if we're Flickr friends we won't get invited to the White House backyard BBQ or an Easter Egg Hunt?

And, if you want to let him know that he has a place to stay in Houston, send him a message:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/messageforobama/