Wednesday, February 06, 2008

our lady makes an appearance, in the flesh

So like I sewed until 7:15 this morning, lay down, and was back up at 9:45. I am way too old for this. Undergrad was nearly 20 years ago.

I won't even try to write a coherent post. I'll let the pictures do the talking. Except to say, thank you. Thanks for the name votes already. If you change your mind after seeing Ruby Blanche Doris Maggie Betty Jean Ida Virgie Lee, let me know.

I can't seem to get to the machine by day, obviously, so these are evening/night shots. Lord willin' and the crick don't rise, tomorrow I'll show the finished versions of the stuff I'm sewing in the pictures.

Cams (the little black discs in the orange box), which you place in the compartment above to make fancy stitch patterns, and attachments. Everything came with the machine. I bought the whole shebang for the sweet sweet price of 60 bucks. (Including a cute little sewing stool that opens for storage.)

To my way of thinking, a family of four lives inside here, and they make the machine operate:

See them in there, watching TV?

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ya know, for some reason, I keep saying :
RUBY D lol

Natalie said...

I think I do see them watching tv in there. I think they're watching project runway!

Lil Knitter said...

I like the name Ruby as well. It just seems to fit her.
I can't wait to see what you're sewing there...that fabric is wonderful!
Hugs!

Nik said...

As soon as I saw this machine, I thought it should be named "Virgie Lee".

That's a beaut. You reminded me that I need to find someone willing to get rid of their cams for my Necchi.

Annika said...

I still like Blanche, but I think Ida would also suit her.

yaiAnn said...

Goodness woman, go rest your weary head!

Christie said...

That machine is a Virgie Lee if I've ever seen one.

Anonymous said...

There she is!!!! Hi Blanche, I knew your name before I met you...LOL...

***See them in there, watching TV?***

ROFLMAO

You did well, sappmama, she is a beauty and a high-shank too! Does she make perfect stitches?
I was surprised to see her in a table, really nice. Yes!
So now I am waiting for show and tell, in the meantime,gotta do some sewing myself.
Heather

Ellen Bloom said...

There's something incredibly fabulous about that "Kenmore" script logo. I just love it! The entire machine is faboo! I'm thinking her name should be "Queenie."

Nik said...

Oh, and "Lord willin' and the crick don't rise."

You country.

Nope, didn't use the necchi for the needle case. I used the Brother. There's a spring that I can't see that keeps screeching when I turn the wheel, and I'm scared to really fire it up until I find out what's going on with it.

carlita dee said...

Thanks, guys! I'm loving having so much help with the naming. I've almost decided. :)

Heather, Heather! Wow. Wow wow. That Necchi is gorgeous! I'll be back. Gotta go stare some more.... I'm back. Oh wow! When/where did you get it? You know it's on my list now, right? Wow.