Thursday, April 10, 2008

party over here

A miraculous healing has taken place. My father was released from the hospital yesterday, before I arrived. Today he's his usual crazy, animated, curmudgeonly, sweet self, and I am glad.

I should have braced myself for this. A long time ago, my mother was so close to death that the doctors asked me how long I wanted them to wait before they pulled the plug. Two days later she sent me to Wendy's to get her a hamburger.

My father isn't completely out of the woods. We're waiting for test results and such, but today we celebrated, and tomorrow we will celebrate again, because even though I am the child of comeback kids, life is short, and there is no such thing as forever.

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

How wonderful!!!

Lil Knitter said...

That's the best news I've heard all day. I'm so glad he's feeling better. So true...life is short...celebrate while we can.
Hugs!

jessie said...

Congratulations! My grandmother had a heart attack when she was in her 90s, and while we went off (on doctor's orders) to call family and let them know she was a goner, she had a miraculous recovery. When we got back to pay our last respects, she was sitting up in bed chatting away to the nurses.

We got a big apology from the doctor and the nurse!

Anonymous said...

Well done for your Dad, hope the celebrating is going well...yes, we must celebrate life constantly while we can.
Have a fine glass on me too. Cheers to your Dad.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Please give him a big kiss for me.

yaiAnn said...

That's great news! I hope things continue to look bright!

Ellen Bloom said...

Wow! That's great news. He's too young to be sick! Have a good weekend and celebration!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I'm so happy for you and your family.

Frank said...

You go Dad!

DarcyArtsy said...

So glad to hear he is out of the woods and I'm sure he is loving having you home.