Saturday, May 03, 2008

i've eaten and i can't get up

Look at this giant meal. I devoured it like a soldier. The catfish was the size of my hands laid one in front of the other. Blame a place called Uncle Andre's BBQ in Studio City. Bubs and I went after putting the rest of my stuff in storage today. It's a strip mall kind of place so ambiance is minimal, but it's damn tasty. The first time I went was with my predecessor at work. She treated me to lunch to ease the pain of all the grammar she had to stuff inside my head that afternoon.

Uncle Andre is known for his elusive banana pudding. I'm told that as soon as he makes it, it gets snapped up. My Andre, Schmin, and I will be going next time to try to catch some.

I like to tease Adrienne because she made a Paula Deen cake. I think after this meal I might have to shut up.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

HA! Yes honey HUSH!!! You just made me SO Hungry! Imma get you back...let me go find something to cook! LOL

Ellen Bloom said...

Excellent photo! I'm drooling with hunger....catfish, mac 'n cheese, beans, corn bread...I spy some greens across the table. Yum and double yum!!! The catfish looks so perfectly crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. Stop it!

yaiAnn said...

OMG! I want all of that! How does that place compare to Aunt Kizzy's (I know I spelled that wrong) in Manhattan Beach?

Natalie said...

DANG!

Frank said...

It's 11:35am and I'm stuck in a room fool of high school students taking an AP exam. I'm also trying to figure out how to hide the saliva that dripped out of my mouth and onto my shirt! DANG that looks good!