Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a touch of class

Isn't The Story of Stuff truly amazing? It knocked my socks off.

While I seriously work on my plan to consume less and contribute more, let's brighten things up with a bit of glamour.

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the last installment of my vintage machines series, I just have a few pressing things to clear off my plate before I can indulge in fun stuff again.

So, I present, with further ado, the epitome of style, elegance, and talent, The Three Degrees, circa 1975.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

that is style!!!!

Christie said...

Love the dresses and the hair...I just don't think I'll ever understand what that song is about.

Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! I remember when the single came out by Richard Harris (1968). Huh? MacArthur Park? Cake in the rain? I couldn't believe that Jimmy Webb wrote this song. His other hits: "Up, Up & Away", "By The Time I Get to Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman", "Galveston." This was a real departure for Webb. Have you ever heard the Sammy Davis, Jr. version of this song? It's a hoot.

Thanks for the memory!

carlita dee said...

Ellen, I guess we know Jimmy Webb was on something that took him "up, up & away" when he wrote "MacArthur Park." Heh heh.

Deborah said...

I continue to wonder about those lyrics but, I do love that song no matter who sings it - the degrees, the 4 tops, anybody.

Anonymous said...

that song has gotta be about a jilted bride. ???

the choreography
the coiffure
the cheekbones

ahhhh. amazing.
amy