Sunday, March 11, 2007

ah, the best laid plans

Y'all know. Sometimes the knitting and the blogging they find themselves at loggerheads, your two poor little hands caught in the middle.

That happened to me today.

I wanted to take photos for the drawing and to announce the winner, instead I wound up knitting and listening to Children Running Through most of the day. And so I'll do the drawing tomorrow, after I arrive home from working for The Man.

In the meantime, I'd like to offer something, so I'll leave you with a passage that has to do with the project I worked on today, the same project for which the tiny buttons are intended.

I slipped off into the most delightful post-prandial nap. My special technique for car-cat-naps is to sit bolt upright, and let the chin drop down as far as it can on the chest, relaxing all neck-muscles. My reflexes are now so conditioned that this pose sends me to sleep almost immediately; the head doesn't loll, the mouth doesn't open degradingly and I like to think that there is no snoring, although the family is in a conspiracy to tell me that I always snore, which is plain nonsense.

This is not the non-sequitur it might seem (as anyone who has knitted this project can attest). You'll see.

3 comments:

afrowalking said...

LOL on that "excerpt"!? And you know I had to google sequitur! Oh how you edu/ma/cate me!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oh, my gawd! That would sound exactly like the description WeeMonkeyGurrrl would give on *her* car-cat-naps, if she were so eloquent!

carlita dee said...

I've a got little bit of edgemacation to share every now and then. :)

Monkey, LOL! I can see her little self sleeping like that.