Saturday, May 17, 2008

why turning 42 rocks

Because first there was this:

And then there was this:

And today there was a long afternoon at the pond, which included public napping -- and not in a sitting position -- a tasty smoothie based on a stranger's recommendation (show me who can resist something called "Raspberry Romance"), and now there is fooling around with my iPod and the fabulous iHome docking station given to me by Schmin.

Oh, and one more wonderful thing: Reading all your lovely birthday hellos and good wishes. You guys are the cherry on top.

Why haven't I turned 42 before?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday, Carla!

Adrienne said...

Glad you had a great time!

Nik said...

happy birthday, girl. I thought I left a comment with birthday wishes, but it looks like I didn't.

I want to know what song you guys were singing...

Anonymous said...

Is this what you get up to on Birthdays???? Maybe we should stop you celebrating them so you can stay 42 forever!
Looks like you had a great time, well done!

Heather

DarcyArtsy said...

I am so glad I changed from my belly dancing outfit at the last minute, it would've been so embarrassing...on many levels. We really rocked!

Natalie said...

I learned all my tambourine moves from watching the Partridge Family.

Hello world there's a song that we're singin'
C'mon get happy!
A whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy!

We had a dream, we'd go travelin' together,
We'd spread a little lovin' then we'd keep movin' on.
Somethin' always happens whenever we're together.
We get a happy feelin' when we're singing a song.

The song really sums up the night.