Wednesday, May 07, 2008

they go around the waist and they show good taste

Oh, that Lilia. She twisted my arm until I cried out, I'll join! I'll join! and signed up for this:

A breezy swap, dreamt up by Abby over at A Feathered Nest, which will indeed prove good summer fun. I can already feel it. Since my move, I've lost my sewing momentum (I'm a peep disoriented), and I'm thinking a cute, simple project like this could restore it. These could be famous last words, seeing as I've never made an apron, but I'm betting I'm safe to assume ease provided I don't go nuts with bells and whistles.

Let the swapping begin. Speaking of which, Natalie just finished her Bend-the-Rules Swap (deets on her blog). She received an adorable bag. She made an adorable bag, too, but she hasn't posted pictures of it yet.

Good swapping juju all around.

4 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Aprons! Easy peasy. You've already made a skirt, right? Well an apron is just half a skirt! You can do this blind-folded. Get to it, Mistress of all things fiberish!

carlita dee said...

A rectangle? Maybe a ruffle? Easy street!

I'm ready, as soon as my fabric arrives. :)

yaiAnn said...

Oh dammit, I missed the deadline!

Natalie said...

My bag is now up too!
Swapping is lotso fun! I want to sign up for everything now but I signed up for a didgeridoo bag. I hope I can pull it off.