Thursday, March 04, 2010

danke schon

This is a post to thank Stacy, Lisa G, Ellen, afrowalking, golden star, Summer, and woolanthropy. Some of you are my real-life friends, others I only know from this weird, wonderful Internet, but you're all so sweet to comment on my blog, even after I've left it alone for like ever, and you say the kindest, most uplifting things, and I love you for it.

That's what's really on my mind, but while I'm here I'll share a project.

You have to love crochet, because all you have to do is watch a little TV while you're doing it, and voila! instant scarf, or shawl, or baby sweater ... whatever. It's really fast, and since it uses more yarn than knitting, it gives you an excuse to buy more.

I crocheted this scarf from this pattern. I made it solely because I saw the brown (Lamb's Pride Cafe Au Lait) and green (Lamb's Pride Moss) yarns resting in their cubby at work, and believed with all my heart that they needed to be wed in a project. Even with maneuvering the stripes, the scarf only took a couple of days, working off and on, to complete.

12 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Yay for new scarf and yay for you!! It's always good to see you in my Reader.

Ellen Bloom said...

You certainly are advancing your knowledge and mad crochet skills, my dear!!!

Ellen Bloom said...

P.S. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that bit of orange at the end of the ripple!

Natalie said...

Love the ripple and the colors. I agree with Ms. Bloom about the orange. It's nice to see you around these parts!

Anonymous said...

Ca-yute!

Jean said...

I'm glad to see you back after the Christmas post! Such a lovely scarf --- love the color combo, and of course that touch of orange seems very "you"! I just read your prior post and I think it is great that you're working at a yarn shop among friends --- these are tough times for many folks and one of the best things to do is get out and be with people and do things that you enjoy. You can never have too much yarn!

Niki said...

I love the color combinations! This is a great looking scarf. I would never guess it took so little time to create this piece.

Holly said...

It's beautiful! You're sense of color, as always, is staggering!

Madabouthats said...

This is so pretty.

Harlem Purl said...

I luv your color combo. I'm off to queue that pattern right now.

AllyB said...

Welcome back to the blog-o-sphere! I'm jealous of your new job...

sahara said...

Fantastic! You're crocheting like mad!
That scarf is beautiful!