Friday, March 10, 2006

what happened in vegas

And so I was in Vegas last week, visiting a certain someone and seeing his show. Before I went, I got a new digital camera, so here is a visual expression of the trip:

Out behind the hotel, I stopped, framed the image I wanted, pushed the button. When I looked at the photograph, it wasn't at all what I expected. I almost deleted it in favor of a tidier, prettier version, but it crossed my mind that perhaps it holds some kind of lesson.

Not much else I can say, except that life is hard and sometimes you see a new vision that forces you in a direction you never anticipated.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Mommy said...

Hmmmmmm, I can see dancing cobras in this pic(a sign that you were in Sin City)...maybe it's the artwork of my girls that make my imagination and interpretation of pictures more 'abstract'...I think you should blow this up and frame it...better yet put it up on your fridge...:-D))

Lyrically speaking said...

This is beautiful, artistic and the colors are vivid and yet melancholy. I really like it.