I've been tagged for a meme. Actually, the same one by both greyhoundchaos and Terri D. I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille. Here goes:
Four jobs in your life [best to worst]:
1) Writer -- I'm now doing my thing full-time, but have also done freelance entertainment writing, which has its own rewards and pitfalls.
2) Adjunct university professor -- Last year I worked at my alma mater, teaching English and screenwriting. I also taught as a grad student. Ah, the youth of today.
3) Landscaper and house painter -- You know, I actually like this kind of work. I did it back home in Ohio, but imagine the good times I could've had doing it out here in all this sunshine.
4) Coast to coast office temp -- Anyone have a sharp object I can throw myself on?
Four movies you could watch over and over:
1) Carmen Jones -- I just loooves me some Dorothy Dandridge and Harry Belafonte together. I so wish they'd been a couple in real life. Or at least that Harry was my dad.
2) Stranger Than Paradise -- Jim Jarmusch at his finest. Years ago when I taught College Comp II: Film, I drove students crazy by using this film, which is hard to categorize and sometimes even hard to know why you're watching. I love it.
3) Angels in America -- A masterpiece. Don't know what Tony Kushner was smoking when he wrote it or what Mike Nichols was drinking when he directed, but this film is the shiznit.
4) What the Bleep Do We Know!? -- A mind-bending exploration of quantum physics and spirituality that demands multiple viewings.
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1) "Sanford and Son"
2) "Mary Tyler Moore"
3) "All in the Family"/"The Jeffersons" -- Since The Js is a spin-off, figure I can list both.
4) "City Confidential"
I also love HGTV to death and will watch whatever comes on.
Four places you have lived:
1) Toledo, Ohio
2) New York, New York
3) Harlem -- it's a separate city, take my word for it.
4) Los Angeles
Four places you have been on vacation:
Four websites you visit daily:
1) Mr. Stevens
2) Craftster -- I need an intervention. I really really need an intervention.
3) New York Times
Four of your favorite foods:
2) Anything with ginger
3) Peanut butter cookies
4) Banana nut bread
No. I don't have anything against carbs.
Four places you'd rather be right now:
1) With my husband, leaving Nevada and heading for Arizona
2) Knitting on any beach in Barbados
3) Visiting Schmin, my dad, and my grandmother in Toledo
4) Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro -- This would mean I have money, time, and stamina.
Four bloggers you are tagging:
I think I'm supposed to tag new bloggers, so here are some folks I found while traveling the knitting highway. The first is Lori, my buddy from WeHo SnB. Her blog's great. Do check it out.
1) my good friend Lori
This meme business is hard work!