Sunday, April 19, 2009

orange crushin'

Well, gosh. If I'd known you all were still here I would've come back sooner. :) Thanks for the comments on my last posts. Shout out to Trista, to whom I must say I don't understand my mortal fear of lizards either, especially since I'm only really afraid of them when they're inside the house. Saw another one while sitting on the porch and it was no big deal. When they're inside the house, I seem to think the next thing I know they'll be inside me. ACCKKK! I'm considering following my neighbor's advice and getting intervention.

Okay. No more lizards. May they live long and prosper. Outside.

Inside, where it's usually safe, I made this.

It went to Steven's new goddaughter, Soleil. It's superdeeduper cute, because of the great pattern and pretty yarn -- yarn that was once going to be a sweater for me, you guys know how these things go. The pattern is from "Nashua Handknits: Bloom," which you have to dig around to find. I do recommend the effort; "Bloom" has many lovely projects.

17 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

I love it. Orange must be in the air. I bought an orange purse this weekend.

Adrienne said...

I love it! I purchased some orange linen fabric this weekend! LOL I agree! Orange must be in the air! LOL

Stevengfullwood@gmail.com said...

I am amazed you can make tiny things.

Ellen Bloom said...

Carlita!!! This is a PERFECT cardi for a little girl. You know I LOVE the color!

I'll bet you have yarn leftover for another little sweater in this faboo color, don't you?

Christie said...

I love that color. Reminds me of my first car.

golden star said...

You need to send your photo to the blog, How About Orange. Love the design and the beautiful work!

Natalie said...

That sweater is the best! I really want one for myself.

But not today...
instead I am going to need an orange crush with ice pronto if the A/C man doesn't get here soon. Bodhi is already panting for one.He has 37 minutes left in his time frame and the heat is going up fast.

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Oh, that is super cute!!

I'm so glad you're back....

Jean said...

Gorgeous sweater! The color is great --- what a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Yes sir, I like it. Are the buttons blue, or a really bright white?

Silver Bee said...

oh yes! she's back! perhaps i should go write something on my own blog now. s'been months...

orange here too. pumpkin soup.
glad you are back, I've needed a good bloody laugh and that lizard had me in stitches.

Hildie said...

Purly,
The fabric that your orange sweater is photographed on is wonderful. I love it. And them together.

Dk's Wife said...

That is so pretty. I love it!!!

Sahara said...

Whoo hoo, that sweater looks FABULOUS! I'm happy you're knitting! The orange IS crushin!

Sahara said...

Whoo hoo, that sweater looks FABULOUS! I'm happy you're knitting! The orange IS crushin!

Nik said...

where are you? i'm the only one who can take a sabbatical from the blog.

Cennetta said...

Beautiful.