Hey now. Not gonna abandon this spot. I'm actually busy workin' for The Man. Last quarter I had the great good fortune to only have two classes to teach. This quarter The Man wants his pound o' flesh! It'll take me a week or two to get everything set up so I can keep the students happy (if the students ain't happy, nobody's happy), but I'll be dropping in in the meantime. My schedule is pretty scattered, though ideal for getting in some writing time. But now that I'm in a position to write something, I haven't decided where to start. I never go wrong with you guys (except maybe with whoever told me to think of lizards as warm and fuzzy, ha!), so WWYD? Here are my choices:
- finish draft of old play that's very close to being done (good for instant sense of accomplishment)
- start novel I've been threatening to work on since Cain and Abel walked the earth
- re-enter last polish of first play into my computer (I lost it in a crash). This isn't really writing, more like just typing, but I do need an e version to enter into contests
- start new screenplay (I've got a couple of unsaleable but interesting ideas, as usual)
- write new play about a real-life character I researched a long, long time ago, and for which I already have a fantastic title, Fontanelle. (Isn't that the best word?)
Anyway. Blah blah. It's a New Year (caps for freshness), which is nice. I want to do a wrap up of last year, but for some reason it makes me teary, even though things progressed. Plus, I still owe some prizes! I haven't forgotten (Heather and Ally B), and they top my sewing list.
Alright, I've babbled long enough. Gotta go to bed. Tomorrow The Natster is coming to visit! (Now I really wish I had a sofa.)